By: Jeannette Bezinque
Trips to the museum fill some of my favorite memories from childhood, so it’s important to me to give those experiences to my kids. Luckily, Philadelphia and the surrounding areas have a wealth of great learning museums for children. Aside from washing hands frequently during and after the visit, I’ve assembled 10 great tips to help you and your family have a wonderful time.
1. Let your youngest walking child be the guide.
2. Wear your baby.
3. Greet everyone with a smile and friendly hello.
4. Pack lunch and snacks while keeping meals on a regular schedule.
5. Don’t try to see everything. Make a quick loop and then dedicate large blocks of time to areas that match your child’s interests.
6. Step in to demonstrate lessons that match your child’s developmental age. Most kid’s museums have signs with suggestions.
7. Step back and watch the learning unfold. Take pictures or check in with a note on Facebook. You’ll want these memories later!
8. Smile as often as possible.
9. Invite friends.
10. You don’t have to spend all day to get your money’s worth.